In an era where some states have faced cuts to their budgets, racing regulators talked April 19 about creative ways to place more investigators on the backstretch as a way of discovering wrongdoing and deterring future bad behavior.
- By Frank Angst
The Nebraska Racing Commission on May 5 decided to hand out mostly warnings for 14 recent medication positives involving nine trainers at Fonner Park.
Patrick Thompson has been named executive director of the National Racing Compact after serving as longtime license administrator.
The Nebraska Racing Commission is investigating a positive test for dermorphin, a Class 1 pain-killer more powerful than morphine.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo