In an era where some states have faced cuts to their budgets, racing regulators talked April 19 about creative ways to place more investigators on the backstretch as a way of discovering wrongdoing and deterring future bad behavior.
- By Frank Angst
The Nebraska Racing Commission on May 5 decided to hand out mostly warnings for 14 recent medication positives involving nine trainers at Fonner Park.
Patrick Thompson has been named executive director of the National Racing Compact after serving as longtime license administrator.
The Nebraska Racing Commission is investigating a positive test for dermorphin, a Class 1 pain-killer more powerful than morphine.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt