An executive with the Harrah's gaming company has been hired to run Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots as part of a management shuffle by Churchill Downs Inc.
During the first full month of operation, slot machines at Calder Casino & Race Course placed third in pre-tax revenue among the five pari-mutuel casinos in southeast Florida.
Calder Race Course is preparing marketing plans for poker and a casino president and general manager Tom O'Donnell expects will attract a significant number of customers from some nearby pari-mutuel facilities and tribal casinos in southeast Florida.
Churchill Downs Incorporated announced Dec. 19 that John T. Marshall has been named vice president and general manager of racing for Calder Race Course in Miami. Marshall will report to Calder president and general manager Tom O'Donnell and begins his new role effective Jan. 19, 2009.
Gaming executive Tom O'Donnell has been named president and general manager of Calder Race Course, parent company Churchill Downs Inc. announced Nov. 13. O'Donnell also will serve as a senior vice-president of CDI, the company said.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Black Heart Bart, Bon Aurum Win at Caulfield
- 'Lion' Front-Running Upsetter in Middle Park
- Flintshire Among First 'Super Saturday' Cast
- Lexie Lou to Keeneland November
- Beholder Logs Final Work for Zenyatta