An executive with the Harrah's gaming company has been hired to run Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots as part of a management shuffle by Churchill Downs Inc.
During the first full month of operation, slot machines at Calder Casino & Race Course placed third in pre-tax revenue among the five pari-mutuel casinos in southeast Florida.
Calder Race Course is preparing marketing plans for poker and a casino president and general manager Tom O'Donnell expects will attract a significant number of customers from some nearby pari-mutuel facilities and tribal casinos in southeast Florida.
Churchill Downs Incorporated announced Dec. 19 that John T. Marshall has been named vice president and general manager of racing for Calder Race Course in Miami. Marshall will report to Calder president and general manager Tom O'Donnell and begins his new role effective Jan. 19, 2009.
Gaming executive Tom O'Donnell has been named president and general manager of Calder Race Course, parent company Churchill Downs Inc. announced Nov. 13. O'Donnell also will serve as a senior vice-president of CDI, the company said.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby