An unusually large number of stall applications has led Canterbury Park to open its barn area seven days earlier than planned.
Citing a decline of in-state wagering, Turf Paradise in Phoenix, Arizona announced Jan. 18 that it would reduce the purses of six stakes races.
Canterbury Park will honor their 2006 Hall Of Fame inductees Aug. 12 with a breakfast at 10:30 a.m. This year's class will include owner Tom Metzen and trainer David Van Winkle. The two men will be the 37th and 38th members inducted into the track's Hall of Fame.
Organizers hope to spark some new interest in this year's Claiming Crown, a $600,000 series of seven starter allowance stakes set for July 15 at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House