Fox Hill Farms' unbeaten 2-year-old of 2015 carried through her sophomore campaign in much the same way, with seven consecutive victories, earning her the Eclipse Award as champion 3-year-old filly.
Rick Porter is no stranger to owning good horses, but Songbird has come along at just the right time to help him overcome a long illness and keep his spirits up.
Rick Porter's unbeaten filly towered over the competition; won all four starts by a combined 22 lengths.
Son of Unbridled's Song out of graded stakes winner Summer Raven (by Summer Squall) retired, will stand at Brent and Crytal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Rick Porter's Fox Hill Farms went to $560,000 to acquire a colt by Speightstown at the 2012 Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
If Fasig-Tipton's Boyd Browning expressed his outlook for the Florida select juvenile auction in terms of a weather forecast, his prediction would call for sunny skies and no chance of rain.
Fox Hill Farm's Winslow Homer, winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III), has been sidelined with a stress fracture.
A filly from the first crop of grade II winner Congrats was purchased by Thomas M. McGreevy, as agent for Rick Porter's Fox Hill Farm, for $150,000 during the opening minutes of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale in Lexington July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off