Alicia Wincze Hughes of the Lexington Herald-Leader and Tom Law of ST Publishing earned top honors in the New York Racing Association's sixth annual Joe Hirsch Memorial Writing Contest.
Tom Law, former managing editor at Thoroughbred Times, has been named to the new title of managing editor for ST Publishing and will oversee a new Saratoga Springs, N.Y. office for that publication.
The National Turf Writers Association has approved changes in the organization's official bylaws to open its membership to professional broadcasters and to rename the association to reflect its broader membership.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
Filly and mare sprinters will be running for their own Eclipse Award beginning in 2007.
It was a balance of old and new among the four winners in Churchill Downs 21st annual Red Smith Kentucky Derby Writing Contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another