The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association is holding two educational events, as well as its annual members meeting, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., during the first week of August.
The 2009 Thoroughbred Political Action Committee Stallion Season Auction held by the New York Thoroughbred Breeders is under way and wraps up at 8 p.m. EST Feb. 12.
By Tom Gallo - I just finished reading The Blood-Horse's article on ReRun's brilliant initiative to save retired horses from slaughter and reunite them with their original breeders. According to the article, ReRun has created stickers for use on The Jockey Club foal certificate to provide contact information for a subsequent owner who is unable or unwilling to provide a retirement home for a Thoroughbred.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale got off to a fast start Sunday, with the gross revenue, average price, and median price all sprinting ahead of last year's pace during the opening session at Timonium in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees