Tanma Corp.'s speedy Chitu won nearly gate to wire in a $100,000 Damascus Stakes that came up deep in talent Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park. The field included six graded stakes winners.
Favored Chitu put away stablemate Midnight Hawk in the drive for the wire as trainer Bob Baffert accounted for the first two finishers in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) March 23 in New Mexico.
Mandy Pope added another top mare to her broodmare band Nov. 6 when she landed champion female sprinter Groupie Doll for $3.1 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Trackside Farm's Tom Evans talks about the champion mare Groupie Doll. "People have been waiting in line...It's an honor to represent her at the sale." watch video
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 36 scholarships to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred farms for the 2013-14 school year.
Sagamore Racing's Millionreasonswhy died Sunday morning after a training accident at Sagamore Farm near Glyndon, Md.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
Breeders of Kentucky-bred champions were honored during a ceremony April 22 at Keeneland.
A Street Cry yearling filly was the only horse to bring a six-figure amount as the gross revenue, average price, and median price dropped dramatically for the fourth consecutive day at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Miles To Go: Metropolitan Handicap History
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah