Favored Chitu put away stablemate Midnight Hawk in the drive for the wire as trainer Bob Baffert accounted for the first two finishers in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) March 23 in New Mexico.
Mandy Pope added another top mare to her broodmare band Nov. 6 when she landed champion female sprinter Groupie Doll for $3.1 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Trackside Farm's Tom Evans talks about the champion mare Groupie Doll. "People have been waiting in line...It's an honor to represent her at the sale." watch video
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 36 scholarships to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred farms for the 2013-14 school year.
Sagamore Racing's Millionreasonswhy died Sunday morning after a training accident at Sagamore Farm near Glyndon, Md.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
Breeders of Kentucky-bred champions were honored during a ceremony April 22 at Keeneland.
A Street Cry yearling filly was the only horse to bring a six-figure amount as the gross revenue, average price, and median price dropped dramatically for the fourth consecutive day at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced