Tanma Corp.'s speedy Chitu won nearly gate to wire in a $100,000 Damascus Stakes that came up deep in talent Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park. The field included six graded stakes winners.
Favored Chitu put away stablemate Midnight Hawk in the drive for the wire as trainer Bob Baffert accounted for the first two finishers in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) March 23 in New Mexico.
Mandy Pope added another top mare to her broodmare band Nov. 6 when she landed champion female sprinter Groupie Doll for $3.1 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Trackside Farm's Tom Evans talks about the champion mare Groupie Doll. "People have been waiting in line...It's an honor to represent her at the sale." watch video
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 36 scholarships to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred farms for the 2013-14 school year.
Sagamore Racing's Millionreasonswhy died Sunday morning after a training accident at Sagamore Farm near Glyndon, Md.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
Breeders of Kentucky-bred champions were honored during a ceremony April 22 at Keeneland.
A Street Cry yearling filly was the only horse to bring a six-figure amount as the gross revenue, average price, and median price dropped dramatically for the fourth consecutive day at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015