Mandy Pope added another top mare to her broodmare band Nov. 6 when she landed champion female sprinter Groupie Doll for $3.1 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
- By Ron Mitchell
Trackside Farm's Tom Evans talks about the champion mare Groupie Doll. "People have been waiting in line...It's an honor to represent her at the sale." watch video
The Horse Farm Workers' Educational Assistance Fund has awarded 36 scholarships to children of full-time workers on central Kentucky Thoroughbred farms for the 2013-14 school year.
Sagamore Racing's Millionreasonswhy died Sunday morning after a training accident at Sagamore Farm near Glyndon, Md.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
Breeders of Kentucky-bred champions were honored during a ceremony April 22 at Keeneland.
A Street Cry yearling filly was the only horse to bring a six-figure amount as the gross revenue, average price, and median price dropped dramatically for the fourth consecutive day at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia