Red Rifle secured his first stakes victory of the 2015 season when he rallied on the outside to win the $150,000 Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III) Wednesday, July 1 at Woodbine.
When it came time to do the right thing by the bay gelding, there was no hesitation. P. Kerney would be retired with dignity and live the rest of his life like a former racehorse should: as a retrained Thoroughbred with a useful second career.
McCann's Mojave, a stakes winner five different years, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury.
The first foal by Marino Marini, a stakes-winning son of Storm Cat, is a filly that arrived Jan. 1 at Tom Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Bartok, sire of multiple stakes winners Bartok's Blithe and Euro Empire, has been relocated to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Marino Marini, an Irish stakes winner and grade I stakes-placed at Santa Anita, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Formal Gold, whose Beyer Speed Figures of 126, 124, and 125 in three consecutive graded stakes stamped him as perhaps America's best racehorse since the early 1990s, will be relocated to Tom Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule