Retired Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. director of sales Bob Gulick died Aug. 30 in Ocala, Fla., at the age of 92. He served in that position from 1978-1995.
Tod Wojciechowski will begin his duties after the first of the year. Tom Ventura will become president of OBS on June 30.
Director of sales and general manager Tom Ventura will take over as president after Chiota's retirement.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Company has hired Jim Ventura and Tod Wojciechowski as horsemen relations representatives. They will be visiting racetracks and training centers throughout the country in preparation for the 2-year-old sales season.
Principal parties in a debate over rules governing horse sales in Florida announced April 22 that they had drafted joint recommendations to be delivered to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Company announced Dec. 26 that Darley will be sponsoring the 2008 OBS Day of Champions.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company is installing the all-weather SAFETRACK surface at its facility in Central Florida.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's February select sale of 2-year-olds in training will be conducted in Central Florida for the second year in 2008 instead of returning to its former site, Calder Race Course.
Several sale company officials have written a letter to Dr. Larry Bramlage complaining about how an American Association of Equine Practitioners task force handled the development and release to the public of its guidelines for medications in sale horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase
- ABR Releases Episode 4 of TC Video Series
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes