Retired Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. director of sales Bob Gulick died Aug. 30 in Ocala, Fla., at the age of 92. He served in that position from 1978-1995.
Tod Wojciechowski will begin his duties after the first of the year. Tom Ventura will become president of OBS on June 30.
Director of sales and general manager Tom Ventura will take over as president after Chiota's retirement.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Company has hired Jim Ventura and Tod Wojciechowski as horsemen relations representatives. They will be visiting racetracks and training centers throughout the country in preparation for the 2-year-old sales season.
Principal parties in a debate over rules governing horse sales in Florida announced April 22 that they had drafted joint recommendations to be delivered to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Company announced Dec. 26 that Darley will be sponsoring the 2008 OBS Day of Champions.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company is installing the all-weather SAFETRACK surface at its facility in Central Florida.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's February select sale of 2-year-olds in training will be conducted in Central Florida for the second year in 2008 instead of returning to its former site, Calder Race Course.
Several sale company officials have written a letter to Dr. Larry Bramlage complaining about how an American Association of Equine Practitioners task force handled the development and release to the public of its guidelines for medications in sale horses.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers