Tom Braly, owner of two-time grade I stakes winner Evening Jewel, died on the morning of Sept. 3 at his home in Palm Desert, Calif., after a long battle with cancer. He was 72.
Favored Evening Jewel added a grade I turf win to her stellar 2010 campaign when she delivered a determined half-length victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 21.
Esther Marr looks at some of her favorite moments/experiences of this Derby season, including video clips from the red carpet. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Ten Off-Track Thoroughbreds Expected for Rolex Kentucky
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program