Tom Braly, owner of two-time grade I stakes winner Evening Jewel, died on the morning of Sept. 3 at his home in Palm Desert, Calif., after a long battle with cancer. He was 72.
Favored Evening Jewel added a grade I turf win to her stellar 2010 campaign when she delivered a determined half-length victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 21.
Esther Marr looks at some of her favorite moments/experiences of this Derby season, including video clips from the red carpet. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017