Capo Bastone, a colt that had long failed to tap his potential, finally displayed his talent with a roaring finish to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) going away at odds of 28-1 Aug. 24 at Saratoga.
Three-year-old prospect Capo Bastone made his return to the races successfully Feb. 16 at Gulfstream Park, coming from off the pace with an early sweeping move to take an allowance race by a head as the 3-2 favorite.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victor Sarava became the first Classic winner to be retired to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center in Georgetown, Ky., when he arrived the morning of Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale