Capo Bastone, a colt that had long failed to tap his potential, finally displayed his talent with a roaring finish to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) going away at odds of 28-1 Aug. 24 at Saratoga.
Three-year-old prospect Capo Bastone made his return to the races successfully Feb. 16 at Gulfstream Park, coming from off the pace with an early sweeping move to take an allowance race by a head as the 3-2 favorite.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victor Sarava became the first Classic winner to be retired to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center in Georgetown, Ky., when he arrived the morning of Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning