Capo Bastone, a colt that had long failed to tap his potential, finally displayed his talent with a roaring finish to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) going away at odds of 28-1 Aug. 24 at Saratoga.
Three-year-old prospect Capo Bastone made his return to the races successfully Feb. 16 at Gulfstream Park, coming from off the pace with an early sweeping move to take an allowance race by a head as the 3-2 favorite.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victor Sarava became the first Classic winner to be retired to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center in Georgetown, Ky., when he arrived the morning of Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes