A slight decline in on-track wagering was offset by simulcast business as overall handle increased for the seventh straight year during the 88-day Fair Grounds meet that concluded Monday. The New Orleans track reported a total of $430.2 million, or an average of $4.89 million per day, was wagered on Fair Grounds races, a 1.3 percent increase over the $424.9 million wagered last season.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go