The Ohio horseracing and breeding industry always seems to be at a crossroads. With 2008 almost three months old, negative trends continue and near-term relief isn't in sight.
The Ohio Senate May 30 concurred with House changes and approved a $1.17-billion budget bill that has no provisions for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks. However, supporters of legislation to legalize VLTs are still confident the proposal will pass in the future.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- That Handicapping Show: Whitney H. & Test S.