Isla Bonita and To the World, the respective winner and runner-up in the Japanese Two Thousand Guineas, and champion filly Red Reveur are among a full field of 18 for the Tokyo Yushun (Jpn-I , Japanese Derby) June 1.
Race favorite Kizuna closed relentlessly from behind and snatched victory from Epiphaneia near the finish line in the $5.2 million Tokyo Yushun (Jpn-I), or Japanese Derby, May 26 at Tokyo.
TVG has announced that in partnership with Woodbine Entertainment Group, the horse racing network is expanding its live coverage of racing from Japan in 2013.
Deep Brillante, a son of 2005 Japanese Triple Crown winner Deep Impact, fended off the late charge of Fenomeno to win the $3.9 million Tokyo Yushun (Jpn-I), or Japanese Derby, by a nose May 27 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Sunday Racing Company's Orfevre became the first horse in five years to win the first two legs of the Japanese Triple Crown when he won the Japanese Derby (Jpn-I) before a crowd of 82,240 May 29 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Eishin Flash stormed from mid-pack to upset the field in the $3.5 million Tokyo Yushun (Jpn-I), or Japanese Derby, before a crowd of 125,746 at Tokyo Racecourse May 30.
Logi Universe won the Japan Derby May 31 and avenged his loss in the Japanese 2000 Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown.
Favored Deep Sky came from out of the clouds to register a convincing win in the $4,639,000 Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby, Jpn-I), giving jockey Hirofumi Shii consecutive wins in the second leg of the nation's Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Los Alamitos Meet Handles $5 Million a Day
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes