Able to avoid the stumbling start that cost him any chance in his most recent race, Team Valor's Fairbanks easily toppled his five opponents with a smooth, gate-to-wire triumph by 6 3/4 lengths in Saturday's $107,200 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Favored Supah Blitz won the $106,000 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) for older horses Saturday at Santa Anita Park, giving trainer Doug O'Neill his ninth stakes win of the meet and record 49th overall win.
Less than a week after breaking the Santa Anita record for wins at a meeting with his 48th victory, trainer Doug O'Neill is not resting. He'll saddle two of the six runners in Saturday's Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) as he looks to extend his record.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch