Able to avoid the stumbling start that cost him any chance in his most recent race, Team Valor's Fairbanks easily toppled his five opponents with a smooth, gate-to-wire triumph by 6 3/4 lengths in Saturday's $107,200 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Favored Supah Blitz won the $106,000 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) for older horses Saturday at Santa Anita Park, giving trainer Doug O'Neill his ninth stakes win of the meet and record 49th overall win.
Less than a week after breaking the Santa Anita record for wins at a meeting with his 48th victory, trainer Doug O'Neill is not resting. He'll saddle two of the six runners in Saturday's Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) as he looks to extend his record.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee