Able to avoid the stumbling start that cost him any chance in his most recent race, Team Valor's Fairbanks easily toppled his five opponents with a smooth, gate-to-wire triumph by 6 3/4 lengths in Saturday's $107,200 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Favored Supah Blitz won the $106,000 Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) for older horses Saturday at Santa Anita Park, giving trainer Doug O'Neill his ninth stakes win of the meet and record 49th overall win.
Less than a week after breaking the Santa Anita record for wins at a meeting with his 48th victory, trainer Doug O'Neill is not resting. He'll saddle two of the six runners in Saturday's Tokyo City Handicap (gr. III) as he looks to extend his record.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta