The draw for the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) saw Hong Kong's Horse of the Year, Electronic Unicorn, land the coveted one hole, while Australian visitor Scenic Peak was at the other end of the spectrum, drawn outside in post 13.
Equaling the famous haul of three wins in the Hong Kong International Races last year might be a tall order, but the connections of the quintet of Japanese contenders for this year's Hong Kong races are more than hopeful of at least one race going for export across the East China Sea.
Japan capped the first half of the year with the Takarazuka Memorial (Jpn-I) June 23 at Hanshin. The Takarazuka is the last group I until fall, and one of two races in Japan in which entrants are partially selected by fan ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch