New Mexico's champion 3-year-old filly of 2015 was also responsible for year-end awards going to her sire, her dam, and her co-breeders.
Cross Chris Run faces Brother Louie again Oct. 28 after the two finished a neck apart in last year's $180,000 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Cup Championship at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
Imco Spirit, a 9-1 outsider, completed his rise from $12,500 claimer to stakes winner in three months with a track-record victory in the $218,000 Zia Park Distance Championship Dec. 5 in Hobbs, N.M.
Odds-on choice Glory Be Mine registered her seventh consecutive win when she led gate to wire to take the $151,575 New Mexico Classic Cup Championship Filly Stakes at Zia Park Oct. 31.
Trainer Todd Fincher, who won four races on the New Mexico Cup Championship card last year at Zia Park, seems well-poised to add to his total during the rich program for state breds Oct. 31.
The Sunland Derby on March 28 will be graded for the first time in 2010. We caught up with Sunland Park publicity director Eric Alwan this week as he was preparing for the track's opening and asked him five questions.
Zia Park is officially off and running after Miss Set N Bull recorded a gate-to-wire win in the first-ever race at the track located near Hobbs, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino