The Japan Racing Association will honor Laura Hillendbrand with the JRA Equine Cultural Award for her book-turned-major motion picture "Seabiscuit." The JRA will hold an awards ceremony on Jan. 26.
Laura Hillenbrand's best-selling book-turned movie "Seabiscuit: An American Legend" has been nominated for "Hollywood Movie of the Year" honors, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The movie of the year award winner will be announced during the two-day Hollywood Film Festival.
The world premiere screening of "Seabiscuit" will take place tonight at Mann Village Theater in Westwood, Calif. with a host of celebrities in attendance.
"Seabiscuit -- The Making of the Movie, Presented by Equibase", a special, behind-the-scenes look at the production of the upcoming major motion picture "Seabiscuit," will debut July 2 at 4 p.m. (EDT) on ESPN2.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Monday that Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges and 2003 Golden Globe winner Chris Cooper, actors in the upcoming Universal Pictures' film "Seabiscuit," about the legendary racehorse of the same name, will be presenters at the 32nd annual Eclipse Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif., Monday, Jan. 27.
Moviegoers got their first taste of "Seabiscuit" the movie this week with the debut in theaters of the preview promoting the coming summer's blockbuster.
"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has signed on to play jockey Red Pollard, who piloted the fabled Depression era horse Seabiscuit, in the major motion picture release of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow