The Japan Racing Association will honor Laura Hillendbrand with the JRA Equine Cultural Award for her book-turned-major motion picture "Seabiscuit." The JRA will hold an awards ceremony on Jan. 26.
Laura Hillenbrand's best-selling book-turned movie "Seabiscuit: An American Legend" has been nominated for "Hollywood Movie of the Year" honors, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The movie of the year award winner will be announced during the two-day Hollywood Film Festival.
The world premiere screening of "Seabiscuit" will take place tonight at Mann Village Theater in Westwood, Calif. with a host of celebrities in attendance.
"Seabiscuit -- The Making of the Movie, Presented by Equibase", a special, behind-the-scenes look at the production of the upcoming major motion picture "Seabiscuit," will debut July 2 at 4 p.m. (EDT) on ESPN2.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Monday that Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges and 2003 Golden Globe winner Chris Cooper, actors in the upcoming Universal Pictures' film "Seabiscuit," about the legendary racehorse of the same name, will be presenters at the 32nd annual Eclipse Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif., Monday, Jan. 27.
Moviegoers got their first taste of "Seabiscuit" the movie this week with the debut in theaters of the preview promoting the coming summer's blockbuster.
"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has signed on to play jockey Red Pollard, who piloted the fabled Depression era horse Seabiscuit, in the major motion picture release of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired