A lifelong equine enthusiast, Margaret Burlingham imbues her racing endeavors with compassion for the animals she adores. That care shines through, especially for gelding Saint Leon.
Runnymede Farm in Paris, Ky. is the matriarch of Bluegrass nurseries. Founded in 1867 by Colonel Ezekiel Clay, Runnymede has turned out stellar runners for nearly 150 years. Currently, Catesby Clay, carries on the legacy.
Anita Cauley is living the dream, riding high with her homebred On Fire Baby. The gray mare is a red-hot standout in the older filly and mare division.
For Mike Pietrangelo, fun is the name of the game. An attorney by trade, Pietrangelo owns and breeds in partnerships.
Joe Mulholland Jr. is a throwback to the days of homegrown Kentucky horsemen. He works tirelessly on the family farm with his siblings and father to produce top-quality Thoroughbreds.
Involved in every aspect of equine care, Rodriguez speaks passionately about the sport that's been part of her life for 30 years.
Best known as the breeder of I'll Have Another, Harvey Clarke has continued his streak in 2013 with a number of brilliant juveniles now aiming for the next classics.
Robert Zoellner has a competitive nature that's a perfect fit for Thoroughbred racing.
Looking back on her career in breeding, raising and consigning, Catherine Parke always knew that the equine life was for her.
Tim and Gloria Harris of Big Sugar Racing say they are living proof that owners don't have to spend six figures on horses to be competitive.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume