A sloppy track added a little intrigue to Monday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III), but prohibitive favorite Take Charge Lady put an end to any issues on the turn for home, striding out in the home stretch for jockey Shane Sellers to win as she pleased.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady, a multiple grade I stakes winner with career earnings in excess of $2 million, has been installed as the prohibitive 3-5 for Monday's 67th running of the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III).
D.J. Stables' Martha's Music won her second straight stakes race at Laurel Park Saturday, taking the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year old fillies.
Five high profile out-of-town trainers will converge on Laurel Park Saturday for the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (grade III) for 3-year old fillies. Fourteen horses are expected in the 1 1/8-mile test.
Maryland racing fans will get a rare treat on Saturday when Jerry Bailey rides To The Queen in the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) at Laurel Park for trainer Bill Mott.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards