A sloppy track added a little intrigue to Monday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III), but prohibitive favorite Take Charge Lady put an end to any issues on the turn for home, striding out in the home stretch for jockey Shane Sellers to win as she pleased.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady, a multiple grade I stakes winner with career earnings in excess of $2 million, has been installed as the prohibitive 3-5 for Monday's 67th running of the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III).
D.J. Stables' Martha's Music won her second straight stakes race at Laurel Park Saturday, taking the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year old fillies.
Five high profile out-of-town trainers will converge on Laurel Park Saturday for the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (grade III) for 3-year old fillies. Fourteen horses are expected in the 1 1/8-mile test.
Maryland racing fans will get a rare treat on Saturday when Jerry Bailey rides To The Queen in the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) at Laurel Park for trainer Bill Mott.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact