Rising star Roman Legend puts a six-race win streak on the line in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse while facing two previous winners of the race in his group I debut.
Sunday Racing Co.'s Orfevre, who this year became the seventh winner of Japan's Triple Crown, won the $4.89 million Arima Kinen (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 25.
Hiruno d'Amour completed a father-son double in the $3.2 million Tenno Sho Spring (Jpn-I) May 1 at Kyoto Racecourse, matching his sire Manhattan Cafe while landing his first grade I by a half-length over Eishin Flash.
Victoire Pisa, a son of Neo Universe, posted his fourth graded stakes triumph when he took the lead at the top of the stretch and held off all challengers to win the (US$4.2 million) Arima Kinen (Jpn-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Pletcher Duo Stands Out in Poseidon Handicap