Rising star Roman Legend puts a six-race win streak on the line in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse while facing two previous winners of the race in his group I debut.
Sunday Racing Co.'s Orfevre, who this year became the seventh winner of Japan's Triple Crown, won the $4.89 million Arima Kinen (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 25.
Hiruno d'Amour completed a father-son double in the $3.2 million Tenno Sho Spring (Jpn-I) May 1 at Kyoto Racecourse, matching his sire Manhattan Cafe while landing his first grade I by a half-length over Eishin Flash.
Victoire Pisa, a son of Neo Universe, posted his fourth graded stakes triumph when he took the lead at the top of the stretch and held off all challengers to win the (US$4.2 million) Arima Kinen (Jpn-I).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud