Rising star Roman Legend puts a six-race win streak on the line in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse while facing two previous winners of the race in his group I debut.
Sunday Racing Co.'s Orfevre, who this year became the seventh winner of Japan's Triple Crown, won the $4.89 million Arima Kinen (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Dec. 25.
Hiruno d'Amour completed a father-son double in the $3.2 million Tenno Sho Spring (Jpn-I) May 1 at Kyoto Racecourse, matching his sire Manhattan Cafe while landing his first grade I by a half-length over Eishin Flash.
Victoire Pisa, a son of Neo Universe, posted his fourth graded stakes triumph when he took the lead at the top of the stretch and held off all challengers to win the (US$4.2 million) Arima Kinen (Jpn-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows