Enola Gray, one of the standouts from Santa Anita Park's winter/spring meeting will hope to make an encore performance May 28 at the Southern California racetrack.
The most intriguing race on a loaded Santa Anita Park card May 23 might be the opening stakes on "California Gold Rush Day" at the Southern California track.
Grade I winner Willa B Awesome, sent off as a heavy favorite in the $288,000 Melair Stakes, was all out to win by a nose over a determined Starry Skies at Befair Hollywood Park April 28.
Sham Stakes (gr. III) winner Alphie's Bet tops the field in the $200,000 TVG Snow Chief Stakes, the main event on the 11th California Gold Rush program on April 24 at Hollywood Park.
The Breeders' Cup announced that four races have been added to the 2008 Breeders' Cup Challenge series, bringing the final total for this year's schedule to 57, an increase from 24 races in 2007.
The return of three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man and a 13-horse field in the richest event of the day, the $250,000 Cal National Snow Chief Stakes, highlights the $1.3-million Cal National Gold Rush program at Hollywood Park April 27.
Golden Eagle Farm stallions sired three of Saturday's 10 California Gold Rush winners at Hollywood Park, including Chief Planner, who captured the featured $250,000 Snow Chief for 3-year-olds.
General Challenge, prepping for a comeback at age seven, worked six furlongs under Dana Barnes in a bullet 1:11 Wednesday at Santa Anita for trainer Bob Baffert.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady