Calumet Farm's Oxbow, winner of this year's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), has been retired and will begin his stud career at Taylor Made Stallions in Central Kentucky. The son of Awesome Again will stand for $20,000.
Awesome Patriot, a stakes-winning full brother to 2013 Preakness (gr. I) winner Oxbow, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington.
Tizamazing, dam of Preakness winner Oxbow with her 2013 Unbridled's Song colt born on April 16, 2013, at Burleson Farm in Kentucky. watch video
Calumet Farm's Oxbow gunned to the front from the gate in the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 and never looked back to post a 1 3/4-length victory at 15-1.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Oxbow took decisive first steps on the road to the Kentucky Derby with an 11 1/2-length victory in the Lecomte Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records