Oxbow, who last year became Calumet's eighth Preakness (gr. I) winner, will be relocated to the storied farm for the 2015 breeding season.
Spendthrift Farm stallion Awesome Patriot, a stakes-winning brother to Preakness (gr. I) winner Oxbow, will shuttle for the 2014 Southern Hemisphere breeding season to stand at Haras Santa Sara in Santiago, Chile.
Calumet Farm's Oxbow, winner of this year's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), has been retired and will begin his stud career at Taylor Made Stallions in Central Kentucky. The son of Awesome Again will stand for $20,000.
Awesome Patriot, a stakes-winning full brother to 2013 Preakness (gr. I) winner Oxbow, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington.
Tizamazing, dam of Preakness winner Oxbow with her 2013 Unbridled's Song colt born on April 16, 2013, at Burleson Farm in Kentucky. watch video
Calumet Farm's Oxbow gunned to the front from the gate in the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 and never looked back to post a 1 3/4-length victory at 15-1.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Oxbow took decisive first steps on the road to the Kentucky Derby with an 11 1/2-length victory in the Lecomte Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon