Jockey Garrett Gomez, returning March 9 from a fractured heel sustained two months ago, decided not to continue his comeback after one race at Santa Anita.
Jockey Garrett Gomez will return from the sidelines at Santa Anita this weekend, beginning March 9 with a first-time starter in the third race and concluding March 10 with San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) entrant Tiz Point.
Though it experienced two substantial losses in the past few days, Santa Anita's field for the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 10 could still be the most competitive of the young 2012 Triple Crown season.
Most Popular Stories
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al