Jockey Garrett Gomez, returning March 9 from a fractured heel sustained two months ago, decided not to continue his comeback after one race at Santa Anita.
Jockey Garrett Gomez will return from the sidelines at Santa Anita this weekend, beginning March 9 with a first-time starter in the third race and concluding March 10 with San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) entrant Tiz Point.
Though it experienced two substantial losses in the past few days, Santa Anita's field for the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 10 could still be the most competitive of the young 2012 Triple Crown season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate