Tinners Way, the last colt sired by Secretariat, arrived Sept. 13 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky.
Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.
Millionaire and grade I winner Tinners Way, from the final crop of Secretariat, has been bought by Phil Leckinger and Jerry Hardin for stallion duty at Joe Kerby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Delaware, Lab Work to Improve Test Turnaround
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Tattersalls Finalizes Dates for October Sale
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians