Tinners Way, the last colt sired by Secretariat, arrived Sept. 13 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky.
Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.
Millionaire and grade I winner Tinners Way, from the final crop of Secretariat, has been bought by Phil Leckinger and Jerry Hardin for stallion duty at Joe Kerby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares