Tinners Way, the last colt sired by Secretariat, arrived Sept. 13 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky.
Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.
Millionaire and grade I winner Tinners Way, from the final crop of Secretariat, has been bought by Phil Leckinger and Jerry Hardin for stallion duty at Joe Kerby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House