Tinners Way, the last colt sired by Secretariat, arrived Sept. 13 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky.
Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.
Millionaire and grade I winner Tinners Way, from the final crop of Secretariat, has been bought by Phil Leckinger and Jerry Hardin for stallion duty at Joe Kerby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- An Early Look at the Belmont Stakes
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000