Multiple grade 1 winner Tinners Way was euthanized July 5 at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Farm in Georgetown, KY., where he had been pensioned since 2010.
Tinners Way, the last colt sired by Secretariat, arrived Sept. 13 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky.
Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.
Millionaire and grade I winner Tinners Way, from the final crop of Secretariat, has been bought by Phil Leckinger and Jerry Hardin for stallion duty at Joe Kerby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap