Tinners Way, the last colt sired by Secretariat, arrived Sept. 13 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky.
Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.
Millionaire and grade I winner Tinners Way, from the final crop of Secretariat, has been bought by Phil Leckinger and Jerry Hardin for stallion duty at Joe Kerby's Key Ranch near Salado, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales