Even before the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale hummed into action on July 14 with the sing-song chant of the auctioneer, a new era in the Japanese bloodstock market had officially begun.
Former coal miner Nathan Tinkler has been investing in the industry and now has his first big winner in Casino Prince, winner of the group I Chipping Norton Stakes.
The Inglis Premier Sale, conducted annually in Melbourne at the Oaklands Junction complex, began March 2 where Karaka in New Zealand left off last month -- with a bang.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic