Gulfstream Park announced it will offer 61 stakes (33 graded) worth more than $10.1 million during its 2012-13 race meet, which is highlighted by the March 30 Florida Derby (gr. I).
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Southeast Region, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Gulfstream Park will host the 14th running of the Claiming Crown on the opening day of its 2012-2013 meet Dec. 1, 2012. The 2012 event will see a significant increase in purses to $850,000 for seven races.
Fasig-Tipton, North American's oldest Thoroughbred auction firm, will once again sponsor the $400,000 Fountain of Youth (gr. II) Feb. 26, Gulfstream Park announced.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Nov. 11 it will be the exclusive host for the Jan. 28 Florida Sunshine Millions Day.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Oct. 3 the Gulfstream VIP Fan Experience, a unique and exclusive experience that will allow fans an all-access and behind-the-scenes look at Thoroughbred racing.
Gulfstream Park's meet, which will run from Dec. 3-April 8 will have 53 stakes. A second finish line has been added to allow for races at 1 1/16 miles. The Florida Derby (gr. I) to be run Saturday, March 31.
The Stronach Group announced July 25 that Timothy Ritvo has been named president and general manager of Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced June 16 Steve Calabro has resigned as president and general manager.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced March 23 it will raise Florida owners awards 20% beginning March 26.
Gulfstream Park announced March 18 it will have twilight racing on the final three Fridays of the meet -- April 8, 15, and 22.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino reported strong gains in business for the first five days of its 2011 meet, which began Jan. 5. Handle thus far is up 17.2% in total.
MI Developments has appointed Timothy Ritvo, a veteran trainer in Florida and several Northeast states, to the new position of vice president of racing for the East coast.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies