Unity was the buzzword during the opening session of the 72nd convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International Tuesday. The conference, which unites the RCI with the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA), is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
Directors of the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association and Racing Commissioners International announced Tuesday that they had voted unanimously Nov. 30 on a memorandum "which facilitates the merging of all NAPRA jurisdictions into RCI effectively forming one, strong, united association of racing and pari-mutuel regulators."
Timothy "Ted" Connors, chairman of the New Hampshire Pari-Mutuel Commission, is the new chairman of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%