Unity was the buzzword during the opening session of the 72nd convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International Tuesday. The conference, which unites the RCI with the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA), is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
Directors of the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association and Racing Commissioners International announced Tuesday that they had voted unanimously Nov. 30 on a memorandum "which facilitates the merging of all NAPRA jurisdictions into RCI effectively forming one, strong, united association of racing and pari-mutuel regulators."
Timothy "Ted" Connors, chairman of the New Hampshire Pari-Mutuel Commission, is the new chairman of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 175 for March 2YO Sale
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline