Unity was the buzzword during the opening session of the 72nd convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International Tuesday. The conference, which unites the RCI with the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA), is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
- By Ron Mitchell
Directors of the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association and Racing Commissioners International announced Tuesday that they had voted unanimously Nov. 30 on a memorandum "which facilitates the merging of all NAPRA jurisdictions into RCI effectively forming one, strong, united association of racing and pari-mutuel regulators."
Timothy "Ted" Connors, chairman of the New Hampshire Pari-Mutuel Commission, is the new chairman of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm