Dominic Imprescia, who trained major winner Timely Writer, died in his sleep May 8 at his Hallandale Beach, Fla., home.
Champion Uncle Mo turned away a challenge from Rattlesnake Bridge and pulled away in the stretch to post an easy 3 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Timely Writer Stakes March 12 at Gulfstream Park in his 3-year-old debut.
Uncle Mo is going to be an overwhelming favorite no matter who he faces in the Timely Writer tomorrow at Gulfstream. However, the ways things are looking now, the undefeated champion may have to face even less than expected.
Uncle Mo, the 2010 champion 2-year-old male and the early favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is expected to launch his 3-year-old season in the Timely Writer Stakes.
Todd Pletcher said Feb. 23 there were a combination of factors that led him to choose the Timley Writer Stakes as the season's debut for star 3-year-old Uncle Mo.
The connections of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Uncle Mo announced Feb. 22 his debut will be the $100,000 Timely Writer Stakes March 12 at Gulfstream Park.
By Laura Hillenbrand -- In breakdowns, racing has a massive, deadly serious problem, and we all know it. The Thoroughbred industry has a moral obligation to horses and jockeys to pursue solutions on a grand scale and with the utmost urgency. We must summon the best minds, create a truly comprehensive, uniform injury reporting system, and fund a slew of controlled studies. Most importantly, we must be willing to make the difficult choices that follow.
Retired jockey Roger Danjean, who won more than 700 races, died Jan. 22 in a car crash in Broward County, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely