Topped by a First Dude colt bought by his breeder for $400,000 on behalf of a racing partnership he heads, the Ocala Breeders' Sales' 2-year-olds and horses of racing age sale began on a strong note June 13.
A Midnight Lute colt and a son of Midshipman turned in the fastest eighth-mile and quarter-mile works June 8, during the second session of the under tack show for the June 13-14 Ocala Breeders' Sales 2-year-old and horses in training sale.
Times were faster than ever before during the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February select sale of 2-year-olds in training Feb. 13 in Central Florida.
Acaroid, a grass star in the early 1980s for James and Virginia Binger's Tartan Farms, died April 12 of an apparent heart attack in his paddock at Gilda Clark's Timber Creek Farms near Mitchellville, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping