The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium enjoyed a robust opening day May 18.
Top of the market buyers continued to spend on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale April 8 as six horses each broke the seven-figure mark, led by a son of Snitzel for $2.2 million (US$1,695,391).
Danehill's astonishing son, Redoute's Choice, landed the day's top-priced yearling at Aus$1.8 million (U.S.$1.45 million) when his fantastically put together son from the unraced Marauding mare Saucy Nell stunned everyone.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut