Stephanie Got Even, the winner of the American Beauty Stakes and runner-up in the Spring Fever Stakes at Oaklawn Park this season, has been sold by the owner/trainer team of Joe and Tim Martin.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The last Sunday Silence yearling to sell anywhere in the world was sold on day three of the Australian Easter yearling sale April 14. And, he is staying put, having been bought by a syndicate of Australians for $1.5 million (U.S. $1,132,350).
Exceed and Excel has been sold for a reported record $22 million (Australian funds; about U.S. $16.2 million) to Sheikh Mohammed. As a direct result, the Danehill colt will miss a Dubai confrontation with Cajun Beat and others in the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai March 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas