Stephanie Got Even, the winner of the American Beauty Stakes and runner-up in the Spring Fever Stakes at Oaklawn Park this season, has been sold by the owner/trainer team of Joe and Tim Martin.
Redoute's Dancer and his conditioner Tim Martin created history as the first Australian-trained winner of the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) at Ellerslie racecourse on March 3.
The last Sunday Silence yearling to sell anywhere in the world was sold on day three of the Australian Easter yearling sale April 14. And, he is staying put, having been bought by a syndicate of Australians for $1.5 million (U.S. $1,132,350).
Exceed and Excel has been sold for a reported record $22 million (Australian funds; about U.S. $16.2 million) to Sheikh Mohammed. As a direct result, the Danehill colt will miss a Dubai confrontation with Cajun Beat and others in the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai March 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Despite Challenges, Gulfstream West Steady