The Goffs February mixed sale in Ireland got off to a rousing start, enjoying some big increases from a year ago in its key business figures.
A bay filly by Empire Maker bought the highest price for a yearling thus far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched $400,000 from Tim Hyde during the auction's second session Jan. 10.
She tops the Book 1 portion of the auction's second session, bringing 900,000 guineas ($1,499,642 in U.S. funds).
A colt by Danehill Dancer brought the top price of 41,000 euros (approximately $41,340) Tuesday during the first session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day