The Goffs February mixed sale in Ireland got off to a rousing start, enjoying some big increases from a year ago in its key business figures.
A bay filly by Empire Maker bought the highest price for a yearling thus far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched $400,000 from Tim Hyde during the auction's second session Jan. 10.
She tops the Book 1 portion of the auction's second session, bringing 900,000 guineas ($1,499,642 in U.S. funds).
A colt by Danehill Dancer brought the top price of 41,000 euros (approximately $41,340) Tuesday during the first session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt