The Goffs February mixed sale in Ireland got off to a rousing start, enjoying some big increases from a year ago in its key business figures.
A bay filly by Empire Maker bought the highest price for a yearling thus far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched $400,000 from Tim Hyde during the auction's second session Jan. 10.
She tops the Book 1 portion of the auction's second session, bringing 900,000 guineas ($1,499,642 in U.S. funds).
A colt by Danehill Dancer brought the top price of 41,000 euros (approximately $41,340) Tuesday during the first session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger