The Goffs February mixed sale in Ireland got off to a rousing start, enjoying some big increases from a year ago in its key business figures.
A bay filly by Empire Maker bought the highest price for a yearling thus far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched $400,000 from Tim Hyde during the auction's second session Jan. 10.
She tops the Book 1 portion of the auction's second session, bringing 900,000 guineas ($1,499,642 in U.S. funds).
A colt by Danehill Dancer brought the top price of 41,000 euros (approximately $41,340) Tuesday during the first session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows