The Goffs February mixed sale in Ireland got off to a rousing start, enjoying some big increases from a year ago in its key business figures.
A bay filly by Empire Maker bought the highest price for a yearling thus far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched $400,000 from Tim Hyde during the auction's second session Jan. 10.
She tops the Book 1 portion of the auction's second session, bringing 900,000 guineas ($1,499,642 in U.S. funds).
A colt by Danehill Dancer brought the top price of 41,000 euros (approximately $41,340) Tuesday during the first session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic