Thoroughbred racing continues to take steps on its way to becoming a true league sport, but officials at the Aug. 15 Jockey Club Round Table again beat the drum for cooperation and aggregation in what some still believe is a largely fragmented industry.
PGA TOUR commissioner Tim Finchem will discuss the significance of centralized structure in professional sports and the steps that golfers took to develop successful television programming, corporate sponsorships, and marketing programs when he delivers the keynote address at The Jockey Club Round Table Aug. 15 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster