Thoroughbred racing continues to take steps on its way to becoming a true league sport, but officials at the Aug. 15 Jockey Club Round Table again beat the drum for cooperation and aggregation in what some still believe is a largely fragmented industry.
PGA TOUR commissioner Tim Finchem will discuss the significance of centralized structure in professional sports and the steps that golfers took to develop successful television programming, corporate sponsorships, and marketing programs when he delivers the keynote address at The Jockey Club Round Table Aug. 15 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction