Thoroughbred racing continues to take steps on its way to becoming a true league sport, but officials at the Aug. 15 Jockey Club Round Table again beat the drum for cooperation and aggregation in what some still believe is a largely fragmented industry.
PGA TOUR commissioner Tim Finchem will discuss the significance of centralized structure in professional sports and the steps that golfers took to develop successful television programming, corporate sponsorships, and marketing programs when he delivers the keynote address at The Jockey Club Round Table Aug. 15 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Two Share Record Price at Arqana Summer Sale
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break