Jockey Gary Stevens earned his first group I victory in France Sunday at Deauville when the English-trained Somnus held on by a neck over favored Whipper in the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville Sunday.
Somnus, nearly last on the inside with a furlong to go, switched out for the run to the wire for jockey Ted Durcan and caught the hot favorite Oasis Dream to win the $353,000 Stanley Leisure Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at rainy Haydock Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move