The Thoroughbred Racing Associations of North America Board of Directors elected Joe Wilson as the organization's 37th president at its March 1 meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
As a result of better than expected pari-mutuel handle and an increase in video poker revenue throughout the meet, Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has announced a purse increase effective for the final 14 days of the meet.
Jason Boulet, a former racing secretary at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, has been named senior director of racing at the New Orleans track.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has announced a 10% increase in overnight purses, effective March 7, for the remainder of its 143rd Thoroughbred racing season that concludes March 29.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots announced Aug. 25 it is partnering with Coogan and Coogan, a Mandeville-based electronic video screen and scoreboard provider, for the purchase and installation of two new video boards.
An official with Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots assured Louisiana lawmakers May 6 that owner Churchill Downs Inc. will make the improvements required under a conditional license it received from state racing commission.
Fair Grounds Race Course has boosted the purses of eight open-company races on its 2012-2013 stakes schedule released June 28, marking the third straight year the average stakes purse has increased at the New Orleans oval.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission has approved an 84-day meet for Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots in 2012-13 that will be highlighted by the centennial running of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II).
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots will partner with the Susan G. Komen Foundation to raise funds for breast cancer research on Fair Grounds Oaks Day, March 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Gulfstream Park Receives Safety Reaccreditation
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome