Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has announced a 10% increase in overnight purses, effective March 7, for the remainder of its 143rd Thoroughbred racing season that concludes March 29.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots announced Aug. 25 it is partnering with Coogan and Coogan, a Mandeville-based electronic video screen and scoreboard provider, for the purchase and installation of two new video boards.
An official with Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots assured Louisiana lawmakers May 6 that owner Churchill Downs Inc. will make the improvements required under a conditional license it received from state racing commission.
Fair Grounds Race Course has boosted the purses of eight open-company races on its 2012-2013 stakes schedule released June 28, marking the third straight year the average stakes purse has increased at the New Orleans oval.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission has approved an 84-day meet for Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots in 2012-13 that will be highlighted by the centennial running of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II).
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots will partner with the Susan G. Komen Foundation to raise funds for breast cancer research on Fair Grounds Oaks Day, March 31.
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Magnificent Treve Triumphs at Saint-Cloud