An Officer filly brought $325,000 March 15 during the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Mary Ellen Hickey Kegel, a rider on the Kentucky circuit in the 1980s and later a racing official, died Dec. 23 as a result of cancer. She was 52.
Loving what you do for a living certainly improves your odds at succeeding. At least, that was the case for Tim Kegel, a Louisville-based bloodstock agent, who has certainly had his share of success.
Trainer Mark Casse's runners swept the board in the CAN$162,000 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies, with the longest of his three hopes, 17-1 shot Clearly Foxy, driving to victory for jockey Jono Jones on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 9.
Day four of the Keeneland September sale was just underway for about an hour when a colt by Unbridled's Song sold for $700,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa