An Officer filly brought $325,000 March 15 during the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Mary Ellen Hickey Kegel, a rider on the Kentucky circuit in the 1980s and later a racing official, died Dec. 23 as a result of cancer. She was 52.
Loving what you do for a living certainly improves your odds at succeeding. At least, that was the case for Tim Kegel, a Louisville-based bloodstock agent, who has certainly had his share of success.
Trainer Mark Casse's runners swept the board in the CAN$162,000 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies, with the longest of his three hopes, 17-1 shot Clearly Foxy, driving to victory for jockey Jono Jones on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 9.
The fourth session of the massive 14-day Keeneland September yearling sale ended on a positive note Thursday with the Central Kentucky auction house realizing increases in gross, average and median. The sale company also reported across the board cumulative increases.
Day four of the Keeneland September sale was just underway for about an hour when a colt by Unbridled's Song sold for $700,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Pacific Overtures
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate