Home Journey, who has won her first two starts by a combined margin of nearly 10 lengths, will try to stay perfect in the $200,000 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 9 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Jockey Tyler Baze, sidelined since August 2011 due to substance abuse problems, earned his first stakes victory since returning to action a week ago, guiding Lucky Primo in the California Cup Classic Oct. 13 at Santa Anita.
With their purses enhanced to $250,000 apiece, two stakes races for juveniles take center stage at this year's 23rd California Cup, to be run Oct. 13 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat