Home Journey, who has won her first two starts by a combined margin of nearly 10 lengths, will try to stay perfect in the $200,000 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 9 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Jockey Tyler Baze, sidelined since August 2011 due to substance abuse problems, earned his first stakes victory since returning to action a week ago, guiding Lucky Primo in the California Cup Classic Oct. 13 at Santa Anita.
With their purses enhanced to $250,000 apiece, two stakes races for juveniles take center stage at this year's 23rd California Cup, to be run Oct. 13 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th