Heavy choice Tight Precision, closing fast on the outside, surged past Bootleg Annie and Pretty Unusual close to home to post her first stakes victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf at Santa Anita.
Pretty Unusual, fresh off a stunning 29-1 upset in the El Encino Stakes (gr. II) two weeks ago, will try her luck on grass in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly & Mare Turf at Santa Anita Jan. 30.
Helen Groves and Helen Alexander's homebred Acoma stayed close to the pace, corralled Tight Precision in mid-stretch and went on to win the Pin Oak Valley View (gr. IIIT) by a half-length on the Keeneland turf Oct. 17.
Dreaming of Liz and Much Obliged head a field of 12 fillies going 1 1/16 miles in the Pin Oak Valley View Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 17.
It took Storm Mesa six starts and nearly seven months to earn her first victory. Three and half months later she has won four straight and become a graded stakes winner. The 3-year-old Sky Mesa filly completed her meteoric rise June 27 at Prairie Meadows, as she led nearly the entire way to post a one-length score in the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees