Millionaire Meteor Storm and 13-year-old stallion Holzmeister, along with grade I stakes-placed Tiger Heart, have been purchased for stallion duty in Brazil.
Tiger Heart, who was grade I-placed in consecutive starts this year, has been retired from racing because of torn tendon in a front leg.
Frank Stronach's homebred I'm the Tiger pounced on the lead for jockey Jerry Bailey and left his 13 foes well behind in the stretch en route to a surprisingly easy victory in the $300,000 Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Lacking a clear standout, Tiger Heart, runner-up in last month's Vosburgh (gr. I), is the 7-2 morning line favorite among 18 sprinters entered for Saturday's $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park.
Four of the top five finishers from last month's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) are among the 31 pre-entries for the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Nov. 19.
Trainer Gary Mandella played a hunch that Taste of Paradise would appreciate the wide turn and sandy surface of Belmont Park and came away with a shocking victory in the Vosburgh (gr. I) Saturday at odds of 26-1.
There were several interesting 3-year-olds who competed this weekend, in both stakes and allowance races, but one stood out as a colt to keep a close eye on when the distances stretch out.
This time of year, allowance races often hold more intrigue than stakes, as you never know if some new exciting star is going to emerge. On Friday, a 1 1/16-mile allowance race at Santa Anita will feature three potential Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls –- Dwango, Spellbinder, and Bornwithit.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Arrives at Gulfstream Park
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Sovereign Awards Finalists Announced
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Illinois Board Ponders Plan to Pump $500K Into Purses
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse