Winner of the past two editions of the Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT), the speedster Obviously goes for a three-peat on the turf as part of the TVG Pacific Classic undercard Aug. 24 at the seaside track.
Looking for a repeat victory, grade I winner Obviously will battle the likes of Winning Prize, Silentio, and Chips All In in the American Stakes, to be contested for the first time on the Santa Anita Park turf May 17.
A narrow field has been drawn for the $200,000 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), to be contested Aug. 25. Obviously seeks a second consecutive win in the Mile, after setting a course record in the 2012 edition.
A patient ride by Alonso Quinonez paid off for Tigah when he nabbed pacesetter Summer Hit for a neck victory in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Versatile Hudson Landing, upset winner of last year's San Francisco Mile (gr. IT), is back to defend his title in the $100,000 event against nine opponents April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset