Stalking Red Lead soared past the leaders in deep stretch for jockey Martin Bourdieu to tally by 2 1/4 lengths in the $114,400 Sunland Park Handicap April 18.
Herman Heinlein's Soldier's Dancer and Paul Pompa Jr.'s This Ones for Phil won Sunshine Millions races last year and the two Florida-bred geldings are back for more on Jan. 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Phoenix-based Tie Rod duplicated his success in the Rattlesnake Stakes last month with a 2 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday.
Tie Rod, who counts a romping victory in the Rattlesnake Stakes among his three lifetime triumphs, leads the local Arizona contingent in Saturday's $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds in Phoenix.
Tie Rod proved deadly in the Jan. 26 Rattlesnake Snakes, the final prep for the Turf Paradise Derby in February.
Most Popular Stories
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Longines Named Official Breeders' Cup Partner
- Breeders' Cup 'The Works' Returns to TVG
- Handle Down at Challenged Delaware Park Meet
- Canterbury Requests 70 Racing Dates for 2015
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.