Stalking Red Lead soared past the leaders in deep stretch for jockey Martin Bourdieu to tally by 2 1/4 lengths in the $114,400 Sunland Park Handicap April 18.
Herman Heinlein's Soldier's Dancer and Paul Pompa Jr.'s This Ones for Phil won Sunshine Millions races last year and the two Florida-bred geldings are back for more on Jan. 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Phoenix-based Tie Rod duplicated his success in the Rattlesnake Stakes last month with a 2 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday.
Tie Rod, who counts a romping victory in the Rattlesnake Stakes among his three lifetime triumphs, leads the local Arizona contingent in Saturday's $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds in Phoenix.
Tie Rod proved deadly in the Jan. 26 Rattlesnake Snakes, the final prep for the Turf Paradise Derby in February.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams