Never better than sixth in three starts since relocating to the United States, Generosidade put on a show March 13 at Santa Anita Park in the $200,000 San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. IIT).
Queen Bee Racing's Toowindytohaulrox provided an opening-day shocker Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park, unleashing a furious closing drive in the stretch to win the $100,000 Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) at odds of 21-1.
Los Alamitos Race Course ended its three-week Thoroughbred meeting Sept. 25, but how the Orange County racetrack judges "success" is still up in the air.
Jockey Tiago Pereira was taken to the hospital March 29 after a spill in the seventh race at Santa Anita Park.
Three Chimneys Farm's Rainha Da Bateria will enter the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) as the only 3-year-old graded stakes winner in the field of nine, but will lose Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith for the 1 1/16-mile test.
Calvin Borel, who won an unprecedented third Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) in four years while aboard Super Saver in 2010, will represent the United States in the Meydan Masters jockey competition in Dubai,
In a desperate drive to the wire in the world's richest race, Brazilian-bred Gloria de Campeao nosed Lizard's Desire and Allybar in the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) at the sparkling new Meydan Racecourse March 27.
Gloria de Campeao sprung a 16-1 upset and odds-on favorite Midshipman finished fifth in the $200,000 Al Maktoum Challenge Round 1 (UAE-III), the featured event on opening day at brand new Meydan Racecourse Jan. 28 in Dubai.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night