New York racing regulators on Jan. 23 gave preliminary approval to an expansion of equine drug testing and recordkeeping rules, as well as to set a minimum set of penalties to be imposed on trainers and others with repeated equine drug violations.
New York regulators have given final approval to several equine drug rules, including a new system of minimum penalties for repeat drug violators.
The New York State Commission Nov. 23 proposed far-reaching equine drug rules as they slapped trainer Steve Asmussen with a $10,000 fine stemming from a probe into allegations of equine abuse brought against him by PETA.
The California Horse Racing Board, in an effort to curb "apparently indiscriminate use" of thyroid medications, has issued new instructions to veterinarians and horsemen regarding thyroid hormones.
A detailed report to the California Horse Racing Board at its Nov. 21 meeting concluded that the cluster of sudden deaths from Bob Baffert's Hollywood Park barn did not have any similarities to each other.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule