Fluke ran down stablemate Proudinsky in deep stretch to win in the $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT), giving trainer Humberto Ascanio the first two finishers over the Santa Anita turf Feb. 5.
Three grade I winners are included in the field of nine set to go in Santa Anita's $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 5.
Matto Mondo grabbed the lead from favored pacesetter Monterey Jazz at the head of the stretch and rolled on to register a 3 1/4-length win in the off-the-turf Thunder Road Handicap at Santa Anita Feb. 7.
A two-day Pick Six carryover of $751,394 ballooned to a total pool of $3,932,211 Wednesday at Santa Anita, resulting in a payoff of $1,258,755.40.
Julie Krone resumed her riding career Wednesday after an absence of nearly two months but did not win a race in three attempts. In the feature, Singletary won the $71,350 Thunder Road Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale