Fluke ran down stablemate Proudinsky in deep stretch to win in the $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT), giving trainer Humberto Ascanio the first two finishers over the Santa Anita turf Feb. 5.
Three grade I winners are included in the field of nine set to go in Santa Anita's $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 5.
Matto Mondo grabbed the lead from favored pacesetter Monterey Jazz at the head of the stretch and rolled on to register a 3 1/4-length win in the off-the-turf Thunder Road Handicap at Santa Anita Feb. 7.
A two-day Pick Six carryover of $751,394 ballooned to a total pool of $3,932,211 Wednesday at Santa Anita, resulting in a payoff of $1,258,755.40.
Julie Krone resumed her riding career Wednesday after an absence of nearly two months but did not win a race in three attempts. In the feature, Singletary won the $71,350 Thunder Road Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix