Spendthrift Farm's Shakin It Up, winner of the Malibu (gr. I), Strub (gr. II), and San Vicente (gr. II) stakes, sired his first reported foal late Jan. 6, when a colt was born at Brandywine Farm in Paris, Ky.
Gold Mover, a triple stakes winner last year, won by 1 1/2 lengths Thursday in her in debut as a 3-year-old, the $53,200 Cadillacing Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park. Thunder Bertie finished second and Look of the Lynx was third in the field of fives.
Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) winner Thunder Bertie, a Churchill Downs-based contender for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies, worked a sharp five furlongs Saturday to complete her serious training for the race. Other juveniles working toward Breeders' Cup races were Macho Uno, Holiday Thunder, and Xtra Heat.
Lu Ravi and Super Quercus worked at Churchill Downs on Sunday in preparation for their respective Breeders' Cup races. On Saturday at Churchill, Caller One, Dollar Bill, and Thunder Bertie were on the track for morning works.
Richard, Bertram, and Elaine Klein's Thunder Bertie closed from off the pace to win the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths Saturday at Arlington International. The win was the second career win for the Bernard Flint trainee, who completed the one-turn mile race in 1:36.91 under Jeremy Beasley.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop