The preliminary findings of a study involving results from endoscopic throat examinations at New Zealand Thoroughbred auctions has provided conclusive evidence to support the current post-sale endoscopy grading system.
Recent research indicates that endoscopic examination of yearlings can help determine their eventual racing success. However, research also showed certain abnormalities that in the past were considered indicators of poor performance were not predictive of actual athletic performance in the adult horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines