Longtime Southern California horseman Noble Threewitt officially called it a career on what was his 96th birthday Feb. 24 after spending the better part of eight decades in the Thoroughbred industry.
Noble Threewitt, the oldest Thoroughbred racing trainer in North America at the age of 95, sent out the final runner of a career that has spanned 75 years on Friday when his Threeatonce, a 17-1 shot, finished third among nine starters in the fifth race at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides