Longtime Southern California horseman Noble Threewitt officially called it a career on what was his 96th birthday Feb. 24 after spending the better part of eight decades in the Thoroughbred industry.
Noble Threewitt, the oldest Thoroughbred racing trainer in North America at the age of 95, sent out the final runner of a career that has spanned 75 years on Friday when his Threeatonce, a 17-1 shot, finished third among nine starters in the fifth race at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial