A crafty ride from Joe Bravo set 10-1 shot Bigger Picture up with dead aim on his first grade 1 victory July 1 in the United Nations Stakes, and the 6-year-old Badge of Silver gelding responded with a dazzling win in course-record time.
Bigger Picture picked up his first graded victory and held off accomplished rivals to get the job done Nov. 12 at Aqueduct Racetrack, winning the $200,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Danish Dynaformer and Wake Forest.
Saying the stewards' decision was a judgment call not subject to appeal, the New York State Gaming Commission will not consider an appeal of their choice to take no action against Inordinate in the Aug. 27 Sword Dancer Stakes (gr. IT) at Saratoga.
Lightly-raced Next Question, making his stakes debut for trainer Mike Trombetta, had all the answers in producing a 16-1 upset in the Nearctic Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 14.
Making his stakes debut, career claimer Jimanator outdueled odds-on favorite Mambo Meister to win the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Now a Victor stalked the pace under John Velazquez and then wore down longtime leader Shopton Lane in the final sixteenth of a mile to take the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) by a length on the main track at Aqueduct on Nov. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery