Bigger Picture picked up his first graded victory and held off accomplished rivals to get the job done Nov. 12 at Aqueduct Racetrack, winning the $200,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Danish Dynaformer and Wake Forest.
Saying the stewards' decision was a judgment call not subject to appeal, the New York State Gaming Commission will not consider an appeal of their choice to take no action against Inordinate in the Aug. 27 Sword Dancer Stakes (gr. IT) at Saratoga.
Lightly-raced Next Question, making his stakes debut for trainer Mike Trombetta, had all the answers in producing a 16-1 upset in the Nearctic Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 14.
Making his stakes debut, career claimer Jimanator outdueled odds-on favorite Mambo Meister to win the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Now a Victor stalked the pace under John Velazquez and then wore down longtime leader Shopton Lane in the final sixteenth of a mile to take the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) by a length on the main track at Aqueduct on Nov. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks