Lightly-raced Next Question, making his stakes debut for trainer Mike Trombetta, had all the answers in producing a 16-1 upset in the Nearctic Stakes (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf course Oct. 14.
Making his stakes debut, career claimer Jimanator outdueled odds-on favorite Mambo Meister to win the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Now a Victor stalked the pace under John Velazquez and then wore down longtime leader Shopton Lane in the final sixteenth of a mile to take the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) by a length on the main track at Aqueduct on Nov. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 8/04/2015
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided