Jason, Suzanne, and Tim Holland of twinspires.com preview the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) and the Palm Beach Stakes (gr. III). Watch Video
English shipper Awesome Act, a fast-closing fourth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. II), may be the wild card in a diverse field of 10 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. III) March 6 at Aqueduct.
Odds-on favorite Eightyfiveinafifty blew the first turn and was pulled up by jockey Jorge Chavez, leaving the door open for Peppi Knows to win the $100,000 Whirlaway Stakes Feb. 6 at Aqueduct.
There is no disputing the fact that Eightyfiveinafifty is fast, but the colt will get a chance to show how far he can carry his speed when he faces five 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Whirlaway Stakes Feb. 6 at Aqueduct.
Here are several items trainers should include on their list of things to do.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby